(TEMISKAMING SHORES, ON) – On May 1, 201,8 at approximately 9:19 p.m., members of the Temiskaming Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) stopped a speeding vehicle on Highway 11, in Temiskaming Shores, Ontario. Further investigation revealed that the driver was in possession of suspected controlled substances and contraband cigarettes.
Timothy MORAN, 36 years old, of Elliot Lake, Ontario is charged with the following:
- Adult Speeding 1 to 49 Kilometres per hour over posted limit – contrary to section 128 of the Highway Traffic Act (H.T.A.),
- Possession of a Schedule II substance – Cannabis Marihuana – over 30 grams, contrary to section 4(1) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (C.D.S.A.),
- Possession of a Schedule I substance – Opioid, contrary to section 4(1) of the C.D.S.A.,
- Possession of a Schedule I substance – Cocaine, contrary to section 4(1) of the C.D.S.A., and
- Possess unmarked cigarettes, contrary to section 29(2) of the Tobacco Tax Act (T.T.A.).
The accused was released by way of Promise to Appear (PTA). He is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice on May 29, 2018, in Haileybury, Ontario.
Source: OPP Media Release