(DRYDEN, ON) – On Monday July 2, 2018 at approximately 5:00 p.m.members of the Dryden Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) conducted a traffic stop for Highway Traffic Act offences on Highway 17 in the City of Dryden.
As a result of the stop, police seized a large quantity of drugs, money and two loaded handguns.
Police have charged Trevon JENNINGS (23 years old) of Etobicoke, ON and Johnathan NETZEREAB (25 years old) of Mississauga, ON with the following four offences contrary to the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act:
1. Trafficking in Schedule I Substance – Cocaine contrary to Section 5(1)
2. Possession of a Schedule I Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking – Cocaine contrary to Section 5(2)
3. Trafficking in Schedule I Substance – Heroin contrary to Section 5(1)
4. Possession of a Schedule I Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking – Heroin contrary to Section 5(2)
The two accused were also charged with the following eight offences contrary to the Criminal Code:
5. Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Weapon X 2 contrary to Section 91(1)
6. Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm X 2 contrary to Section 92(1)
7. Possession of Proceeds of Property Obtained by Crime over $5000 in Canada contrary to Section of 354(1)(a)
8. Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose X 2 contrary to Section 88
9. Careless Storage of Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited Device or Ammunition contrary to Section 86(1)
Both of the accused are being held in custody in Dryden and are scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice July 3, 2018.
Source: OPP Media Release