(WINNIPEG, MB) – The Winnipeg Police Service Street Crime Unit has been conducting a crime suppression project in the District 3 area over the past number of weeks.
On July 2, 2018, at approximately 9:30 a.m., officers observed a male committing an offence under the Highway Traffic Act in the area of McGregor St. and Redwood Ave. The male fled on foot when police attempted to speak with him.
The male was caught after a short foot chase. At the time of his arrest, he was found to be in possession of a loaded, .25 calibre handgun, ammunition, digital scales as well as small amounts of methamphetamine and marihuana and $355 in Canadian currency.
Darryl Andrew MURPHY, 33, was charged with:
- Possess Marihuana
- Possess For Trafficking (Methamphetamine)
- Possess Proceeds Of Crime
- Possess Prohibited Ammunition / Device Obtained By Crime
- Possess Firearm Obtained By Crime
- Possess Prohibited Ammunition / Device Knowing Its Unauthorized
- Possess Prohibited Firearm Knowing Its Unauthorized
- Transport Firearm Contrary To Regulations
- Possess Loaded Prohibited Firearm
- Possess Firearm / Ammunitions Contrary To Prohibition Order ( x4 )
- Carry Concealed Prohibited Weapon / Firearm / Ammunition ( x2 )
- Possess Weapon
- Resist Arrest
The accused was detained in custody.
Source: Winnipeg Police Service Media Release