(THUNDER BAY, ON) – A south-side neighbourhood is in shambles after a late morning fire ravaged through a home in the 200 block of Grey Street
Thunder Bay Fire Rescue were on scene of the blaze, handling the situation in such a prompt manner that the outside of the home had no visible damage from the street view.
A senior REAL Concerned Citizen who wishes to remain anonymous, told TRCCTB.COM that he believes a fire started in the laundry room, and quickly engulfed that area.
Thunder Bay Fire Rescue has multiple pumper trucks and at least 1 aerial ladder on location, which means they called a second alarm. A second alarm means they required more than the initial 3 pumper trucks which get called to possible structural fires.
1 person was sent to hospital with what is believed to be non-life threatening issues. Considerable damage to the home is expected. The residents will most likely have to stay out of the home for some amount of time. The Red Cross will assist with this.
TRCCTB.COM would like to remind everyone to ensure their electrical outlets, dryer vents, and lint traps are properly maintained.