(KENORA, ON) – On Friday July 20, 2018 at approximately 11:56 a.m.members of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) in Kenora were dispatched to a report of a firearm being discharged in the Kirkpatrick Ave. area of Kenora.
OPP responded immediately and one male was taken into custody. The Emergency Response Team and K-9 Unit also attended as a precaution.
As a result of the investigation 63 year old Donald TRISKLE of Kenora has been charged with the following Criminal Code (CC) offences.
- Careless Use of a Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited device or Ammunition contrary to section 86(1) CC.
- Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose contrary to section 88 CC.
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm Contrary to section 91(1) CC.
- Possession of a Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to a Prohibited Order contrary to section 117.01(1) CC (Two Counts).
- Discharge a Firearm into or at a Place in a Reckless Manner contrary to section 244.2(1)(a) CC.
Should you wish to remain anonymous, you may call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477(TIPS) where you may be eligible to receive a cash reward of up to $2,000.
Source: OPP Media Release
Citizen journalist born and raised in Thunder Bay, Ontario. I like pizza and reporting on concerning events that are in my home region, or that impact it. You can read more by clicking here.