(KENORA, ON) – – The Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Organized Crime Enforcement Bureau (OCEB), OPP Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU), OPP Provincial Operations Intelligence Bureau with help from the OPP Emergency Response Team, charged a Kenora man for drug and firearm related offences as a result of an ongoing investigation on Wednesday August 1, 2018.
Seized during the investigation was what is suspected to be Crystal methamphetamine, along with multiple firearms. The street value of the drugs seized is approximately $2,500.
As a result of the investigation one male is in custody.
Police arrested 37 year Christopher BOUCHER who will be charged with the following offences under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA).
- Possession of Schedule 1 Substance for the purpose of Trafficking-Crystal Methamphetamine contrary to section 5(2) CDSA
The male was also charged with the following offences under the Criminal Code (CC)
- Possession of a Firearm Contrary to a Prohibition Order contrary to section 117.01(1) CC(five counts)
- Possession of Ammunition Contrary to a Prohibition Order contrary to section 117.01(1) CC
- Careless Storage of a Firearm contrary to section 86(1) CC (Five Counts)
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime-Under $5000 contrary to section 354(1)(a).
The accused was held in custody for bail court on August 2, 2018.
Source: OPP Media Release