(THUNDER BAY, ON) – A house on Audrey Street burst into flames overnight.
When the 911 call came in, the caller said that the smoke detector had woke up the family Friday morning at about 3:20 am.
The family exited the home, and could hear “crackling” in the roof structure.
Upon the arrival Thunder Bay Fire Rescue, flames were visible from the roof of the house.
Firefighters said that the blaze was difficult to extinguish due to the fire being in the cathedral ceiling, which was lined with 1-inch wood.
Thunder Bay Fire Rescue Investigators are on scene.
The occupants of the home, along with their pet escaped the blaze safely.
The damage to the house is quite extensive.
Citizen journalist born and raised in Thunder Bay, Ontario. I like pizza and reporting on concerning events that are in my home region, or that impact it. You can read more by clicking here.