(THUNDER BAY, ON) – Appearing in courtrooom 104 this morning of the Thunder Bay Courthouse, by video from the Thunder Bay OPP detachment is Veronica Martins.
Justice of the Peace Zelda Kitchekeesick presiding, with Federal Crown Attorney Ron Poirier, and Duty Counsel Lawyer Aranka Golphy.
Martins was the subject of a heavy police presence by the Ontario Provincial Police yesterday in County Park.
Martins is charged with:
- Possession of a controlled substance for the purpose of trafficking (cocaine)
- Possession of a controlled substance (magic mushrooms)
- Possession of a controlled substance (oxycodone)
- Possession of a controlled substance, less than 30 grams of marijuana
- Possession of stolen property over $5000 (ATV)
- Possession of stolen property over $5000 (dirt bike)
- Possession of proceeds of property under $5000
The crown indicates that this is a reverse onus situation, and mentions how Martins doesn’t have significant roots in Thunder Bay.
The Crown Attorney requests that Martins be remanded into custody for a court date on Monday.
Martins is remanded into custody pending a court date tomorrow.
Below is the article we ran asking for the public’s help locating the stolen property:
Citizen journalist born and raised in Thunder Bay, Ontario. I like pizza and reporting on concerning events that are in my home region, or that impact it. You can read more by clicking here.