(THUNDER BAY, ON) – The Thunder Bay Police Service has laid new charges against 36-year-old Kurt Maurice Downer.
Downer was arrested on Aug. 26 following a lengthy standoff at unit 24, 288 Windsor Street.
The new charges include:
- Possession of Schedule 1 Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking – Cocaine
- Possession of Prohibited Device or Ammunition
- Unauthorized Possession of Prohibited or Restricted Weapon
- Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Weapon
- Prohibited or Restricted Firearm: With Ammunition
- Possession of Weapon Obtained by Crime
- Possession of Firearm/ Ammo Contrary to Prohibition Order
- Theft Under $5,000
- Fail to Comply with Condition Recognizance
Downer was previously charged with:
- Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle
- Flight from Police
- Resist a Peace Officer
- Unlawfully in a Dwelling
- Breach of Recognizance
- Breach of Probation
Downer remains in custody pending a future court date.
Original Article Below:
(THUNDER BAY, ON) - The Thunder Bay Police Service are currently containing the area around 288 Windsor Street after a male who is wanted on…