(THUNDER BAY, ON) – We have received concerning information that is putting the rash of attempted abductions and random beatdowns into some perspective.
What we are hearing from a few sources is that this is the new gangs in town, initiating new local members into their circle. They send them out to abduct women to be held for sex-trafficking purposes.
Once these gangs abduct a woman, they keep her confined and shoot her up with heavy drugs over and over again, until she is heavily addicted and becomes compliant with their demands.
One woman who was rescued from such abduction told TRCCTB.COM that they were kept in a closet, and force-fed needles at gunpoint, until she was heavily addicted and willingly accepted the drugs, and eventually was sleeping with whoever to get her next fix. She was rescued by police after being shipped to southern Ontario and randomly bumped into a police officer that was on foot patrol and begged to be saved.
Recommendations to help reduce the likelihoodl of being abducted are:
- Allow your location to be shared with a close friend via your phone, at all times.
- If a suspicious vehicle is parked next to your vehicle, don’t go alone, ask someone to walk you to your vehicle.
- Once in your car, drive! don’t sit there and play on your phone.
- Do not walk alone at night, or in a back alley’s/questionable areas during the day.
- Always let someone know where you are.
Nothing can 100% prevent an abduction, but staying aware is the first step to staying safe.
Do you have information to add? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org