(THUNDER BAY, ON) – Failing to appear for court today in courtroom 301 is Christopher Watkins.
This matter was not for him to appear as counsel, but for his own matters before the court.
Watkins has allegedly recently had his law license suspended due the following reasons:
- Repeatedly failed to attend court for his clients;
- Failed to adequately communicate with his clients;
- Failed to provide the Law Society with documents it requested for its investigation;
- Behaviour is causing prejudice to his clients and to the public administration of justice
- May cause a significant risk of harm to members of the public/public interest in the administration of justice if the order is not made;
- The order is likely to reduce the risk of harm.
Several pages went out calling for Watkins throughout the day as well as police being made aware to inform the court if they see him in the building.
Watkins did not send any messages to the court or have anyone appear as agent, Justice Burton said.
Justice Burton says she loathes having to do this, but notes the integrity of the judicial system must be upheld.
Watkins is now wanted by the Thunder Bay Police Service for failing to appear in court as of just after 3:00 pm today.