(LONGLAC, ON) – Another stabbing incident has sent shockwaves through the small community of Greenstone. Allegations are that a woman suffered a stab wound during an altercation in her home. The woman was in an argument with a male that was in her home. It is alleged he smashed her cell phone and damaged a door frame trying to gain access to a room.
Appearing in a Thunder Bay bail court this morning via video from the Ontario Provincial Police detachment in Greenstone is 29-year-old, Donald Jones. His Worship, Justice of the Peace Marcel Donio is presiding along with Crown Attorney Emily Delaney and duty counsel lawyer Lianne Roberge.
Jones is facing the following charges regarding an incident that occurred on December 16th, 2018:
- Assault with a weapon (knife)
- Mischief causing damage under $5000 x2 (cellphone and door frame)
The Crown is recommending the release of Jones on a non-surety undertaking. Conditions requested by the Crown are as follows:
- Reside in the 200 block of Second ave in Geraldton
- No contact with the female complainant
- Do not be anywhere within 100 meters of where the victim may be
- Do not attend Longlac, unless it is for employment purposes
- Do not possess any weapons as described in the Criminal Code
- Do not possess, purchase, or consume any alcohol or other intoxicating substances
- Do not be anywhere that the principle purpose of which is the dispensing of alcoholic beverages (bars, beer store, LCBO)
- Remain in his residence between the hours of 10:00 pm and 6:00 am, unless for employment purposes
Jones consents to these conditions and the future date of January 10th at the courthouse in Geraldton is suggested as a return date. The date is agreed upon and Jones is ordered released from custody. He will wait in the OPP jail cell until all his paperwork is complete before being released.
Do you have a picture of Jones? E-mail it in to us at email@example.com