(THUNDER BAY, ON) – According to Giovanni Taddeo’s Facebook profile, this weekend involved “lines”, smashing women out, and getting released from the slammer. Taddeo was found guilty and convicted earlier this year for uttering threats and mischief.
Appearing in a Thunder Bay bail court this morning by video from the Thunder Bay OPP detachment is 29-year-old Giovanni Taddeo. He appeared in front of Her Worship, Justice of the Peace Zelda Kitchekeesic, along with a Crown Attorney and duty counsel lawyers Aranka Golphy and Andrew Desmoulin.
Taddeo is being charged following allegations that he brutally assaulted a woman. Sources indicate that police had to rescue the woman from Taddeo’s home. Police later entered the home to apprehend him, according to our source. He faces a single charged of assault. He is granted bail today under the following conditions:
- Reside at his address in the 1500 block of Lakeshore Drive (trailer park)
- Be home between the hours of 10:00 pm and 6:00 am
- Present himself at the door when police request he do so
- No contact with the female alleged victim
- Not to attend or be within 100 meters of anywhere his female victim lives, works, goes to school or otherwise is
- Not to possess any weapons
- Not to apply for any firearms licenses
- Not to reside where any firearms or crossbows are
- Not to be outside of his home with any alcohol in his system
Taddeo is ordered released and has a future court date scheduled for January 25th, 2019. He is escorted back to his cell where he will wait to be released from jail.
I wonder why he’s single? Hrmmmm…..
March 30th, 2018 – Appearing in courtroom 104 this morning via video is 28-year-old Giovanni Taddeo. Her Worship Zelda Kitchekeesik presiding, with Jane Ann McGill as Crown Attorney, and Lianne Roberge as Duty Counsel.
Taddeo was arrested on warrants that were put out for his arrest regarding two separate dates. The alleged charges that stemmed from a November 10th, 2017 incident are :
- Utter threats to cause death or bodily harm to any person 264.1 (1) (a)
- Failure to comply with probation order 731.1 (1)
Taddeo was also wanted on warrants that spawned from a January 9th, 2018 incident. Charges from that incident are:
- Mischief causing damage under $5000 (Window) 430 (1) (a)
- Utter threat (Telephone) 264.1 (1)
The crown is concerned on the primary grounds, which indicates a potential flight risk, and/or concerns regarding whether Taddeo will show up for court. Furthermore, the crown is concerned on the secondary grounds, which indicates a substantial likelihood to re-offend and/or a danger to the public if released. The crown is not consenting to Taddeo’s release and adds that she wants Taddeo to be under a no contact/communication order with 5 separate individuals.
Taddeo’s accepts Duty Counsel’s offer to speak in private and takes all of a few minutes to discuss his options.
After Taddeo’s private conversation with Duty Counsel, Duty Counsel recommends remanding the matter until April 4th, 2018.
Justice of the Peace Kitchekeesik issues the no contact/communication order and remands Taddeo back into custody.
Citizen journalist born and raised in Thunder Bay, Ontario. I like pizza and reporting on concerning events that are in my home region, or that impact it. You can read more by clicking here.