(KENORA, ON) – On December 16, 2018 at approximately 3:52 a.m. a member or the Kenora Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) conducted a traffic stop in the City of Kenora on River Drive.
After speaking to the driver, it was determined that he had been consuming alcohol and he was arrested at the scene.
During the arrest, an interaction occurred between the accused and the officer and the officer was assaulted.
As a result of the investigation, 50 year old James PINK of Kenora has been charged with the following Criminal Code offences:
- Driving While Ability Impaired (Alcohol) contrary to section 253(1)(a)
- Driving with More than 80 mg of Alcohol in Blood contrary to section 253(1)(b)
- Assault a Peace Officer contrary to section 270(1)(a)
- Resist Peace Officer contrary to section 129(a)
- Driving While Disqualified contrary to section 259(4)
- Uttering Threats-Cause Death or Bodily Harm contrary to section 264.1(1)(a)
The accused is to appear in Kenora Court January 3, 2018 to answer to the charges.
Citizen journalist born and raised in Thunder Bay, Ontario. I like pizza and reporting on concerning events that are in my home region, or that impact it. You can read more by clicking here.