(DRYDEN, ON) – Fort Frances Man in Custody for Firearms, Drugs and Assault Police
Joshua ENNS – age 31 years of Fort Frances, Ontario is in custody and facing charges of:
- Two counts of Uttering Death Threats to police;
- Assault Police;
- Resist Arrest;
- Obstruct Police;
- Possess Firearm While Prohibited;
- Possess Ammunition While Prohibited;
- Possess Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose;
- Possess a Loaded Prohibited Firearm;
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm;
- Carrying a Concealed Weapon;
- Fail to Comply with a Recognizance;
- Possession of Methamphetamine.
On February 21, 2019, at approximately 9:00pm, Dryden Police were called to a disturbance at an apartment complex on Duke Street. Police observed ENNS standing outside the building also reporting problems inside.
Initially, ENNS identified himself using a false name but police immediately recognized ENNS as an accused wanted out of the Rainy River area for numerous criminal offences.
As police attempted to arrest the ENNS, he tried to flee and a physical altercation resulted. While attempting to arrest and secure ENNS, police observed that ENNS had a firearm inside the waist of his pants.
The firearm was later found to be loaded. ENNS is currently in custody and scheduled to appear at a bail hearing today in Sioux Lookout.
The investigation is still on going. Thankfully, no one was injuring during this incident.
Source: Dryden Police Service
HISTORY ON ENNS
(FORT FRANCES, ON) - On July 24, 2018, at approximately 10:56 p.m., members of the Rainy River District Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) were called to…