(WINNIPEG, MB) – In January of 2019, members of the Winnipeg Police Service Drug Enforcement Unit began an investigation into a network involved in the illegal trafficking of cocaine in Winnipeg.
One primary target was identified, along with a number of associates and single family residences.
On March 1, 2019 search warrants were executed on 3 homes, 2 in Bridgewater Forest and one in the Garden City neighbourhood.
As a result, 4 males and 1 female between the ages of 21 to 31 were arrested. They face charges of:
- Possess Property Obtained by Crime over $5,000
- Possess Scheduled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking (Cocaine)
- Possess Scheduled Substance (Cocaine)
- Possess Weapon for Dangerous Purpose
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Contravention of Storage Regulations
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm with Ammunition
- Tampering with Serial Number
As required by the Criminal Code of Canada, all 5 accused were released on a Promise to Appear.
The search warrant resulted in the seizure of:
- 2 kilograms of cocaine (ESV $120,000)
- 9 kilograms of cutting agent
- $215,000 in cash
- Loaded .45 cal handgun
- Money counters, vacuum sealers, scales and packaging material
- 3 vehicles valued at $100,000
Video below of the Winnipeg Police press conference.
Source: Winnipeg Police Service