(IGNACE, ON) – On April 27, 2019 at approximately 9:00pm officers from the Ontario Provincial Police, Ignace Detachment stopped a motor vehicle.
The vehicle was travelling at a high rate of speed on Highway 17, approximately 25 km East of Ignace.
As a result of the traffic stop, Police learned that the motor vehicle was stolen and Robert VIRTUE, 50 years old of Calgary, AB has been charged with the following offences:
- Race a Motor Vehicle – Stunt Driving contrary to s. 172(1) of the Highway Traffic Act.
- Drive a Motor Vehicle – No Licence contrary to s. 32(1) of the Highway Traffic Act.
- Use plate not authorized contrary to s 12(1) (d) of the Highway traffic Act.
- Drive vehicle with cannabis readily available contrary to s 12(1) contrary to the Cannabis Control Act.
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5000 X 4 contrary to s 354(1) (a) of the Criminal Code.
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5000 contrary to s. 354 (1) (a) of the Criminal Code.
The accused was held in custody and will appear in the Ontario Court of Justice on 29 April 2019 for a Bail Hearing.
Citizen journalist born and raised in Thunder Bay, Ontario. I like pizza and reporting on concerning events that are in my home region, or that impact it. You can read more by clicking here.