(NORTHERN ONTARIO) – A Frost Advisory has been issued by Environment Canada for much of northern Ontario overnight and into tomorrow morning. Perhaps closing your windows overnight and properly protecting any outdoor gardens/plants could prove effective.
Below is the advisory issued by Environment Canada.
Frost advisory in effect for:
- City of Thunder Bay
- Geraldton – Longlac – Caramat
- Manitouwadge – Hornepayne
- Nakina – Aroland – Pagwa
- Fraserdale – Pledger Lake
- Kapuskasing – Hearst – Smooth Rock Falls
- ittle Abitibi – Kesagami Lake
- Timmins – Cochrane – Iroquois Falls
- Savant Lake – Sturgeon Lake
- Sioux Lookout – Eastern Lac Seul
- Armstrong – Auden – Wabakimi Park
- Beardmore – Jellicoe – Macdiarmid
- Gull Bay – Black Sturgeon Lake
- Dryden – Vermilion Bay
- Ignace – English River
- Fort Frances – Emo – Rainy River
- Seine River Village – Mine Centre
- Atikokan – Shebandowan – Quetico Park
- Upsala – Raith
- Cloud Bay – Dorion
- Kakabeka Falls – Whitefish Lake – Arrow Lake
Frost may damage some crops in frost-prone areas.
Frost is expected to develop overnight into Tuesday morning as temperatures fall to near or below the freezing mark.
Take preventative measures to protect frost-sensitive plants and trees.
Frost advisories are issued when temperatures are expected to reach the freezing mark during the growing season, leading to potential damage and destruction to plants and crops.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada.
Citizen journalist born and raised in Thunder Bay, Ontario. I like pizza and reporting on concerning events that are in my home region, or that impact it. You can read more by clicking here.