(THUNDER BAY, ON) – On July 9th, 2019, a local woman had her legs run over by a male in his vehicle. The woman was taken to the hospital and received medical attention for her injuries.
Appearing in a Thunder Bay bail court this morning is 32-year-old Derek Amadeo. Justice of the Peace Denette Ellard, Crown Attorney VanKessel and duty counsel are overhearing the matter.
Amadeo is facing the following criminal charges after it is alleged he fled the scene:
- Operate a conveyance that was involved in a collision that caused bodily harm.
- Operate a conveyance in a dangerous manner that caused bodily harm.
Amadeo is granted release today on a $1000 no deposit recognizance, on the following conditions:
- No contact with his alleged victim and two other people.
- Not to occupy the drivers seat of any vehicle.
- Not to consume alcohol or any substances banned under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act.
Amadeo is ordered to return to court on August 20th to begin answering to the charges.
Citizen journalist born and raised in Thunder Bay, Ontario. I like pizza and reporting on concerning events that are in my home region, or that impact it. You can read more by clicking here.