(THUNDER BAY, ON) – On July 25, 2019, at approximately 1:27 p.m., an officer from the Thunder Bay Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) conducted a traffic stop on Lakeshore Drive in the Municipality of Shuniah.
The officer spoke with the driver and determined that the driver had been consuming alcohol. The driver was arrested and further tests were conducted.
Michael VLASSOFF, 32 years of age, from Dryden, was arrested and charged with:
- Operate a Motor Vehicle While Impaired – Blood Alcohol Concentration Over 80 mgs of Alcohol contrary to section 320.14(1)(b) of the Criminal Code.
VLASSOFF is to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Thunder Bay on September 13, 2019 to answer to the charge.
IMPAIRED DRIVER INVOLVED IN COLLISION
On July 29 at approximately 5:29 p.m., Thunder Bay OPP officers responded to a report of a two vehicle collision on Highway 593 in Devon Township. The driver of a sedan was south bound on Highway 593 when the driver crossed over the centre line and collided with the driver of a north bound pick-up truck.
The driver of the sedan was transported to hospital by ambulance with non-life threatening injuries. The driver of the truck did not report any injuries. The sedan sustained extensive damage, the truck sustained moderate damage.
Officers spoke with the driver of the sedan and determined that the driver had been consuming alcohol. The driver was arrested and further tests were conducted.
Laura WUOLA, 41 years of age, from Lybster Township, was arrested and charged with two Criminal Code (CC) offences:
- Operate a Motor Vehicle While Impaired – Alcohol or Drugs contrary to section 320.14(1)(a) CC.
- Operate a Motor Vehicle While Impaired – Blood Alcohol Concentration Over 80 mgs of Alcohol contrary to section 320.14(1)(b) CC.
WUOLA was also charged with numerous infractions under the Provincial Offences Act including:
- Drive Motor Vehicle – No Licence.
- Use Plate Not Authorized for Vehicle.
- Fail to Apply for Permit on Becoming Owner, all contrary to the Highway Traffic Act.
- Owner Operate Motor Vehicle on a Highway – No Insurance contrary the Compulsory Automobile Insurance Act.
- Did Fail to Prevent Dog from Attacking a Person or Domestic Animal contrary to the Dog Owners Liability Act.
WUOLA is to appear in in the Ontario Court of Justice in Thunder Bay on August 16, 2019 to answer to the Criminal Code charges.
Photos from Facebook.
Citizen journalist born and raised in Thunder Bay, Ontario. I like pizza and reporting on concerning events that are in my home region, or that impact it. You can read more by clicking here.