(AWERES TOWNSHIP, ON) – On June 20, 2019 at approximately 2:30 am. members from the Sault Ste. Marie Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Detachment observed a motorized scooter traveling at a high rate of speed on Highway 17, Aweres Township, Ontario.
OPP officers then conducted a traffic stop on Great Northern Road.
As a result of further investigation, Matteo GREGANTI 36 years-old of Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario was charged with the following:
- Fail to comply with recognizance, contrary to section 145(3) of the Criminal Code (CC),
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000 – in Canada, contrary to section 354(1)(a) of the CC,
- Drive motor vehicle – no plates, contrary to section 7(1)(b)(i) of the Highway Traffic Act (HTA),
- Drive motor vehicle – improper licence, contrary to section 32(1) of the HTA,
- Fail to have insurance card, contrary to the Compulsory Automobile Insurance Act (CAIA).
The accused is scheduled to appear for a bail hearing at the Ontario Court of Justice on June 20, 2019 located at 426 Queen Street, Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.
Citizen journalist born and raised in Thunder Bay, Ontario. I like pizza and reporting on concerning events that are in my home region, or that impact it. You can read more by clicking here.