(CANADA) – 31 stores are scheduled to close across Canada as Lowe’s Companies Inc. says it is all a part of its plan to focus in on the most profitable operations it has.
The company says that out of the 31 stores closing, 27 of them will be Rona’s. Nine stores in Ontario, nine in Quebec, six in Newfoundland and Labrador, two in Alberta and one in British Columbia will be shuttering their doors.
Lowe’s is expecting the stores set to shut down will be done by February 1st, 2018, which is the end of the company’s 2018 fiscal year.
Furthermore, Lowe’s Companies Inc. is also closing up 20 American stores.
The U.S. based retailer bought Rona Inc. in Canada for $3.2 billion back in 2016.
Lowe’s in Canada has over 630 corporate and independent affiliate stores.
Below is a list of the 31 stores/locations that are scheduled to close in Canada.
- Reno-Depot Calgary West
- Rona Calgary (Douglasdale)
- Block plant, Kamloops
- Rona New Westminister (Colombia Square)
- Rona Bay Roberts
- Rona Goulds
- Rona Conception Bay South
- Rona St. John’s (Topsail)
- Sona St. John’s (O’Leary)
- Sona St. John’s (Torbay)
- Truss plant St. John’s
- Regional support centre, St. John’s
- Rona Sudbury
- Rona Sault Ste. Marie
- Rona Mississauga (Westdale Mall)
- Rona Mississauga (Lakeshore)
- Rona Kingston (Bath Road)
- Rona Lakefield
- Lowe’s North York (Centerpoint Mall)
- Lowe’s Sault Ste. Marie
- Regional support centre Mississauga
- Rona Peterborough
- Rona Sainte-Clotilde
- Rona Iberville
- Rona Granby Moeller
- Rona L’Assomption
- Rona Sainte-Rose
- Rona Riviere-des-Prairies
- Rona Rouyn0Noranda (Mantha)
- Rona Ange-Gardien
- Rona Saint-Elzear
Citizen journalist born and raised in Thunder Bay, Ontario. I like pizza and reporting on concerning events that are in my home region, or that impact it. You can read more by clicking here.