(GERALDTON, ON) – Following a police raid of a home which resulted in numerous stolen items being uncovered, the hardworking officers of the Greenstone OPP detachment will once again have to continue working hard as the justice system has released 23-year-old Jeff OGushing from jail.
August 8th, 2019 OPP were advised of a theft from a motor vehicle on East Road in Geraldton. Numerous items were stolen including a knife which was a commemorative item gifted by NAPS to the victim.
Several reports of thefts from unlocked vehicle and buildings had been reported to police. The thefts and attempted thefts had been occurring in the overnight hours. As a result of an investigation by members of the Greenstone Detachment and the Community Street Crimes unit (CSCU), police formed grounds to obtain a search warrant.
On Friday, September 6, 2019, Greenstone OPP and CSCU executed a search warrant at a residence in the 200 block of First Street East in Geraldton, ON and arrested 2 males. Several items of stolen property were recovered from the residence and seized by police.
Police located meth in OGushing’s possession during the raid.
Jeff Junior (JJ) OGUSHING, age 23, of Geraldton, ON has been charged with the following Criminal Code offences.
- Possession of property obtained by Crime contrary to section 354(1)(a) of the Criminal Code.
- Possession of a Schedule I substance- Methamphetamine contrary to section 4(1) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act.
OGushing appeared in a Thunder Bay bail court this morning via video link from the Greenstone OPP detachment. Justice of the Peace Marcel Donio, Crown Attorney Derrick Silvestro and duty counsel lawyer Robert Habjan were working bail court and administering justice.
The Crown states that he is willing to release OGushing on the following conditions:
- $500 non-deposit recognizance of bail.
- Reside in the 200 block of First Street East in Geraldton.
- Curfew of 10pm to 6am.
- Present yourself at the door when requested to by police.
- Not to consume or possess any alcohol or unlawful drugs.
- Not to attend a specific address in Geraldton.
- Not to contact two people.
- Not to be within 50 meters of the two people he is ordered not to contact.
Duty counsel lawyer Habjan requests that the matter return to court on September 19th as OGushing indicated that his lawyer of choice is Mr Young. The request is granted and OGushing is released back into the community.
Citizen journalist born and raised in Thunder Bay, Ontario. I like pizza and reporting on concerning events that are in my home region, or that impact it. You can read more by clicking here.