(THUNDER BAY, ON) – On September 11, 2019, at approximately 10:40 p.m., an officer from the Thunder Bay Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) was on patrol on Highway 11/17 when the officer observed the driver of a motor vehicle commit a traffic violation.
The officer conducted a traffic stop and while speaking with the driver, it was determined that the driver had been consuming alcohol. The driver was arrested and further tests were conducted.
Brenden TUCKER, 28 years of age, from Thunder Bay, was arrested and charged with two offences contrary to the Criminal Code:
- Operate a Motor Vehicle While Impaired – Alcohol or Drugs contrary to section 320.14(1)(a),
- Operate a Motor Vehicle While Impaired – Blood Alcohol Concentration Over 80 mgs of Alcohol contrary to section 320.14(1)(b).
As well as, three offences contrary to the Highway Traffic Act:
- Amber Light – Fail to Stop contrary to section 144(15).
- Drive – Hand Held Communication Device contrary to section 78.1(1).
- Drive Motor Vehicle – Not Equipped with Ignition Interlock Device contrary to section 41.2(13).
One offence contrary to the Liquor Licence Act:
- Drive Motor Vehicle with Open Container of Liquor contrary to section 32(1).
TUCKER is to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Thunder Bay on October 11, 2019 to answer to the charges.
Please watch the below video.
Citizen journalist born and raised in Thunder Bay, Ontario. I like pizza and reporting on concerning events that are in my home region, or that impact it. You can read more by clicking here.