(FORT FRANCES , ON) – On May 4, 2019 at approximately 7:37 PM, members of the Fort Frances Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) at the Fort Frances Port of Entry contacted the Thunder Bay Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Communication Centre to report that they had a male in custody for drug offences.
Members of the Rainy River District OPP attended the Port of Entry and worked collaboratively with CBSA officers into the drug investigation.
As a result of the investigation, Lynn MACDONALD, 23 years of age, of New London, Wisconsin, U.S.A. has been charged with the following offences contrary to the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA):
- Import Schedule I Substance – Cocaine – contrary to section 6(1),
- Possession of Schedule I Substance – Cocaine – contrary to section 4(1),
- Possession of Schedule I Substance – Crack Cocaine, contrary to section 4(1),
- Possession of Schedule I Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking – cocaine, contrary to section 5(2),
- Importation of anything for use in / production of anything for use in producing of / trafficking in Schedule I substance contrary to section 7.1(1).
He has further been charged with:
- Possession of Illicit Cannabis, contrary to section 8(1)(b) of the Cannabis Act.
The accused was released on a Recognizance and is scheduled to attend court at the Fort Frances Ontario Court of Justice on June 10, 2019.
For further information about the events leading up to the interception of the suspected narcotics, and the arrest of the traveller, please contact the CBSA North Central Communications at 613-998-2000.
Citizen journalist born and raised in Thunder Bay, Ontario. I like pizza and reporting on concerning events that are in my home region, or that impact it. You can read more by clicking here.