(GREENSTONE, ON) – On the 26 of March 2019 at 6:00 pm members of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Greenstone Detachment were on general patrol when they observed an all-terrain vehicle (ATV) being operated on Fourth Avenue in the ward of Geraldton.
Police followed the ATV and determined there was no visible licence plate. Police conducted a traffic stop on Second Street East.
Investigation revealed that the male operator was a suspended driver and that the ATV was not registered or insured. The male was placed under arrest and searched.
Police located 7.7 grams of crystal meth, several computers, cell phones, baggies, digital scales and $3500 in cash.
27 year old Kalvin Godin of Greenstone, ON was charged with the following offences:
- Possession of a schedule 1 substance for the purpose of trafficking- CDSA 5(2)
- Fail to apply for permit upon becoming owner – HTA 11(2)
- Drive motor vehicle – no permit – HTA 7(1)(a)
- Drive motor vehicle no plates – HTA 7(1)(b)(i)
- Driving while under suspension – HTA 53(1)
- Drive off road vehicle – no insurance – ORVA 15(1)
- Possess unmarked cigarettes – TTA 29(2)
Godin was released on a Promise to Appear (PTA), with a scheduled court date of 30th May, 2019 at the Greenstone Ontario Court of Justice.
Citizen journalist born and raised in Thunder Bay, Ontario. I like pizza and reporting on concerning events that are in my home region, or that impact it. You can read more by clicking here.