(TORONTO, ON) – On Wednesday, March 6, 2019, Inspector Joe Matthews of the Organized Crime Enforcement Integrated Gun and Gang Task Force announced the results of an investigation at a media conference.
It is alleged that:
In late 2018 members of the Integrated Gun and Gang Task Force began an investigation into the distribution of controlled substances and possession of firearms.
On Sunday, February 24, 2019, 50-year-old Hewan Wilson of Mississauga, was arrested and charged with:
- 29 counts of Careless storage
- 17 counts of Possession of Weapon Obtained by Crime
- 16 counts of Possession of a Firearm
- 16 counts of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
- 7 counts of Possession of Loaded Firearm
- 4 counts of Possession of Firearm Tampering
- 4 counts of Unauthorized Possession in a Motor Vehicle
- 2 counts of Possession of Prohibited Device or Ammunition
- 2 counts of Possession of Property Obtained By Crime Over
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking Weapons
- 2 counts of Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking Heroin
He appeared in court at Old City Hall on Monday, February 25, 2019, at 10 a.m.
Search warrants were executed at his home in the Hurontatio Street and Sherobee Road area and to his 2018 Toyota Highlander vehicle.
It is further alleged that police seized:
- seven handguns
- three shotguns
- six rifles
- four kilograms of heroin (street value of approximately $400,000.00)
- approximately ½ ounce of cocaine
- proceeds of crime
- two over-capacity magazines
Video of the Toronto Police press conference:
Citizen journalist born and raised in Thunder Bay, Ontario. I like pizza and reporting on concerning events that are in my home region, or that impact it. You can read more by clicking here.