(EDMONTON, AB) – Below is a proper sex offender notification issued by the Edmonton Police Service.
In the interest of public safety, the Edmonton Police Service is issuing the following warning; Laverne Waskahat is a convicted sexual offender and the Edmonton Police Service has reasonable grounds to believe she is of significant harm to the community and will commit another sexual offence against a child under the age of 16.
Waskahat stands 5’11” tall, weighs 170 pounds with brown eyes and black hair.
Waskahat will be residing in the Edmonton area. The Edmonton Police Service is seeking a recognizance order on Waskahat and she will be monitored by the Behavioural Assessment Unit of the Edmonton Police Service.
Waskahat is a male who identifies as female and has a history of possessing, making and publishing child pornography involving male and female infants under 3 years old. Waskahat has been known to offend against the children while in a position of care over the child (i.e. while babysitting) and has also been known to take voyeuristic photos in public of infants.
Waskahat may try and associate with someone who has young children to groom them for her offending behavior. Waskahat has also been known to frequent public bathrooms (i.e. in shopping malls) in order to carry out her voyeuristic offending behavior.
Waskahat has been placed on a series of court ordered conditions including:
- She must abide by a curfew of 10 PM to 6 AM daily
- She must not purchase, possess or consume any alcoholic beverages and shall not consume or possess any drug listed in the schedules of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act, including cannabis, any prescription drugs not prescribed to her, or any other intoxicating substances.
- She shall not be in any licensed premises other than a dining room for the sole purpose of having a meal. She shall not attend at any liquor store.
- She shall not possess any drug paraphernalia such as crack or marijuana pipes, self-made pipes of any kind, e cigarettes, bongs, water pipes, cigarette papers, or syringes.
- She must not travel out of the City of Edmonton without written approval of her Supervisor or the Provincial Court of Alberta.
- She shall not purchase or possess any children’s or women’s diapers.
- She must not acquire, possess or access pornography or sexually explicit material in any form or on any type of media.
- She may not possess or view any images of children whether in states of undress or not, whether on paper, video, audiotape, computer disc, hard drive, or any other electronic media.
- She must not own, use or possess a computer, as defined in section 342.1 of the Criminal Code, or any technological device that would allow unsupervised access to the internet.
- She must not purchase, own, possess or use any electronic storage medium which is capable of storing photos, videos, voice files or any other type of data.
- She shall not enter into any sexual, intimate or interpersonal social relationship with any person until his/her identity has been disclosed to her supervisor (or designate) and he/she has been informed by her supervisor (or designate) of her criminal history and her prohibitions regarding children under 16. She shall not enter into any personal or romantic relationship, cohabitation, marriage or common-law relationship with a person who is a parent/guardian of children under the age of 16 years.
- She must not be within 100 meters of the perimeter of places where children under the age of 16 are likely to congregate, i.e. elementary/secondary schools, daycare centres, parks, swimming pools, wading pools, splash parks, recreational centres, youth shelters or public libraries.
- She must not be in the presence of any children under the age 16 unless accompanied by an approved adult aware of her criminal history.
The Edmonton Police Service is issuing this information and warning after careful deliberation of all related issues, including privacy concerns, in the belief that it is clearly in the public interest to inform the members of the community.
Citizen journalist born and raised in Thunder Bay, Ontario. I like pizza and reporting on concerning events that are in my home region, or that impact it. You can read more by clicking here.