(KENORA, ON) – On Thursday July 26, 2018 at approximately 1:10 a.m. the Ontario Provincial Police(OPP) in Kenora were dispatched to a report of a Robbery, involving a Sexual Assault on Hillside Crescent in the City of Kenora.
OPP responded to the area immediately. Upon speaking to the victim police learned that an unknown male had Robbed and Sexually Assaulted the female. The female was transported to hospital as a precaution with non-life threatening injuries.
Police are searching for a male described as being Indigenous, in his 20’s, shorter dark hair, tall and thin.
Anyone with information regarding this investigation should immediately contact the Kenora OPP at 1-888-310-1122 or (807) 548-5534. Should you wish to remain anonymous, you may call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477(TIPS).
The OPP reminds all members of the public to be aware of their personal safety at all times. The OPP’s website, www.opp.ca, contains a number of useful resources, tips and links.
- There is safety in numbers, do not walk alone.
- Avoid dark trails and streets as well as secluded areas.
- Tell people where you are going and a time you plan on returning.
- Pay attention to street names and landmarks such as buildings in case of emergencies. This will help first responders locate you quickly.
- A personal alarm is always a good idea to have, something that makes loud noises.
- Carry a cell phone, and be familiar with the operation of an emergency call on your phone. (Keep in mind that even without a contract people are still able to call 911)
Source: OPP Media Release
Citizen journalist born and raised in Thunder Bay, Ontario. I like pizza and reporting on concerning events that are in my home region, or that impact it. You can read more by clicking here.