(SIOUX LOOKOUT, ON) – Members of the Sioux Lookout Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) were dispatched to a business on First Avenue South in Sioux Lookout on November 27th, 2018.
While at the business, the officers arrested 34-year-old Richard Sumner of Winnipeg, Manitoba for the following offences:
- Possession of a substance for the purposes of trafficking 5(2) CDSA
- Possess a weapon for a dangerous purpose 88 CC x 3
- Unauthorized possession of a weapon 91(2) CC x 3
- Possession of property obtained by crime 354(1)(a) CC
- Possession of a weapon contrary to a prohibition order 117.01(1) CC x 3
The accused was remanded into custody and is scheduled to appear in court in Dryden on November 28, 2018 to answer to his charges.
Police are urging people to contact police if they have any information surrounding this incident.
Should you wish to remain anonymous, you may call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), or submit a tip on line at www.tipshelp.com where you may be eligible to receive a cash reward of up to $2000.
Send pics of Sumner to firstname.lastname@example.org
Citizen journalist born and raised in Thunder Bay, Ontario. I like pizza and reporting on concerning events that are in my home region, or that impact it. You can read more by clicking here.