(SIOUX LOOKOUT, ON) – On Friday, June 28, at approximately 9:13pm, Sioux Lookout Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) officers conducted a traffic stop while on general patrol in the area of First Avenue in Sioux Lookout.
Officers found the driver to be operating a vehicle while under suspension. Upon further investigation, officers located open alcohol containers in the vehicle. The driver refused to provide a breath sample when requested.
After a search of the vehicle, also located was a loaded handgun with ammunition, a brass knuckle knife and butterfly knife, 3 ounces of cocaine and 2.29 grams of methamphetamine with an approximate value of $8,750, and Canadian currency in the amount of $9,410.
As a result of the investigation, Richard SUMNER (35) of Winnipeg, MB has been charged with;
- Traffick in Schedule I substance – Methamphetamines (Crystal Meth) contrary to section 5(1) of the Controlled Drug and Substances Act (CDSA).
- Traffick in Schedule I substance- Cocaine contrary to section 5(1) of the Controlled Drug and Substances Act (CDSA).
- Unauthorized possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm contrary to section 91(1) of the Criminal Code
- Careless storage of Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited device or ammunition contrary to section 86(1) of the Criminal Code
- Possession of Loaded Prohibited or Restricted Firearm contrary to section 95(a) of the Criminal Code
- Possession of Firearm or Ammunition contrary to Prohibition Order contrary to section 117.01(1) of the Criminal Code
- Unauthorized Possession of Weapon contrary to section 91(2) of the Criminal Code (2 counts)
- Failure or refusal to comply with demand contrary to section 320.15(1) of the Criminal Code
- Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of Trafficking – Cocaine contrary to section 5(2) of the Controlled Drug and Substances Act (CDSA)
- Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of Trafficking – Other Drugs contrary to section 5(2) of the Controlled Drug and Substances Act (CDSA)
- Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime over $5,000 in Canada contrary to section 354(1)(a) of the Criminal Code
- Driving while under suspension contrary to section 53(1) of the Highway Traffic Act
- Driving motor vehicle with open container of liquor contrary to section 32(1) of the Liquor License Act.
He appeared in Thunder Bay WASH Court on June 29, 2019 and is being held in custody pending his next court appearance on July 3, 2019.
If you have any information about the trafficking of methamphetamine or other illicit drugs in Sioux Lookout, call the OPP at 1-888-310-1122. Should you wish to remain anonymous, you may call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), where you may be eligible to receive a cash reward of up to $2000. You may also report online at: http://www.p3tips.com/273
(SIOUX LOOKOUT, ON) - Members of the Sioux Lookout Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) were dispatched to a business on First Avenue South in Sioux Lookout…
Citizen journalist born and raised in Thunder Bay, Ontario. I like pizza and reporting on concerning events that are in my home region, or that impact it. You can read more by clicking here.