(ATIKOKAN, ON) – On March 28, 2019 members of the Rainy River District Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP), and the Rainy River District crime unit executed a search warrant at a residence in Atikokan.
The warrant followed an extensive investigation.
As a result of the investigation, 44-year-old Peter BURBECK of Atikokan has been charged criminally with the following offences:
- 1 count of theft over five thousand dollars;
- 1 count of trafficking in property obtained by crime;
- 1 count of possess proceeds of crime over five thousand dollars;
- 3 counts of unauthorized possession of a firearm; and
- 4 counts of careless storage of firearms and ammunition.
Sources indicate that Burbeck was the public works director in Atikokan and was allegedly under investigation for using city funds illegally.
BURBECK will appear in Atikokan Provincial Court on May 29, 2019 at 10:00 am to answer to these charges.
Citizen journalist born and raised in Thunder Bay, Ontario. I like pizza and reporting on concerning events that are in my home region, or that impact it. You can read more by clicking here.