(THUNDER BAY, ON) – A late evening election day fire had Thunder Bay Fire Rescue responding to a north side home.
Thunder Bay Fire Rescue responded to a home on Ray boulevard across from ONWA after a 911 call was made.
Upon arrival fire crews observed smoke billowing out of a top story window. A ladder was deployed to the window.
A second alarm was called and resulted in more pumper trucks and an aerial ladder responding to the scene after the initial 3 pumper trucks.
A mattress and a couple other pieces of furniture were on fire in the basement.
The front door was breached by crews upon arrival.
Firefighters used their thermal imaging equipment to ensure the home did not have any hot spots.
After air testing showed no poisonous gases, the neighbours on the other side of the duplex were allowed. This was after fire crews ventilated the structure.
The fire was quickly put out by our hard working firefighters.
Thunder Bay Hydro and Union Gas were on scene assessing the situation.
No one was reported injured, as no one was home at the time.
Citizen journalist born and raised in Thunder Bay, Ontario. I like pizza and reporting on concerning events that are in my home region, or that impact it. You can read more by clicking here.