Feaver Road Fire Caused By Careless Disposal Of Smoking Material
Thunder Bay Fire Rescue responded to a structural fire on Feaver Road on April 1, 2018. On arrival firefighters encountered a fully involved house fire with flames shooting through the roof.
Firefighters used a defensive attack to extinguish the fire and protect adjacent buildings. The home suffered extensive damage.
An investigation by Thunder Bay Fire Rescue has concluded that the fire was the result of careless disposal of smoking material.
“Never dispose of smoking materials in a plant pot or garbage can as both can contain combustible materials,” said Fire Chief John Hay. “Use a dedicated metal can with a lid and keep it outside and away from your house.”
Careless smoking is the leading cause of fire death. Residents are encouraged to smoke outside and to dispose of smoking materials in non-combustible containers with non-combustible lids. The containers for smoking materials should be kept outside.
Source: Thunder Bay Fire Rescue Release
You can read our previous article about the situation below:
A resident of a Fever road home lost their home today due to a fire. The call came in to 911 around 6:15 pm. The…
Citizen journalist born and raised in Thunder Bay, Ontario. I like pizza and reporting on concerning events that are in my home region, or that impact it. You can read more by clicking here.